Last week it was my dad’s big 50th birthday! For a family gathering we thought a home-made eggless cake would be great as my family are vegetarian. This method did not take a lot of time so I thought I would share this recipe with you all. This was the first time we used this recipe and it taste so good. You can replace some of the ingredients to make this cake vegan if you wish. Enjoy!
– 100ml (3 1/2 fl oz/1/2 cup) sunflower oil
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
-150g (5 oz/3/4 cup) caster sugar
-100 ml (3 1/2 fl oz/1/2 cup) yoghurt or soya yoghurt
-300g (10 oz/2 1/2 cups) plain flour
-5 teaspoons baking powder
-200ml (7 fl oz/3/4 cup) milk or soya yoghurt
Before you start:
– Cake tin, greased
– Oven temperature: 190°c (375°F/Gas Mark 5)
*BAKING TIME 25 MINUTES*
- Mix the oil, vanilla essence, sugar and yoghurt.
- Sift the flour and baking powder over the mixture.
- Gradually add the milk and beat for 1 minute with a spoon.
- Make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour mixture into cake tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes then check the middle of the cake.
- If it is not done bake for another 5 minutes.
- Let it cool completely before filling and icing.
We decorated the cake with fresh cream and butter icing in the middle. It can be decorated with anything you like.
Hope you like this recipe. If you decide to make it make sure you tag me so I can see.
Don’t forget to hit the follow button.